Petitioning For Your Family To Stay In The U.S.: Three Ways In Which Immigration Attorneys Can Help

When people immigrate to the U.S., they may have arrived legally, or they may have arrived illegally. Regardless of which way they landed on U.S. soil, they can stay if they follow some very specific procedures. If you were born here but your parents were not, your family can petition to stay and petition against deportation. Here is how an immigration attorney can help. The Law Governing "Anchor Children" If you were born here in the United States to one or both parents who were not legal citizens, you can petition the courts to allow your parents and siblings to stay.